Sunday, April 3, 2011

Ensenada Mexican Restaurant

Hey People,

My parents are the reason that I'm always on the lookout for really good and cheap Mexican food. And once again they pulled through for our team by turning me on to a new restaurant in Delightful Deltona. The name of the joint is Ensenada Mexican Restaurant, located at the corner of Normandy and Providence blvd's, inside the Winn Dixie plaza. I love a hole in the wall, if you haven't noticed, and this one is really no exception. Although the décor, and paint job are actually pretty nice, (rare for my usual hole in the wall experience).
What got me most about this place was the salsa. OH the SALSA! And NOT the one they bring to the table for every Tom, John, and Jane..but the one they keep behiiiiind the counter. The one you have to ask for. The one that seriously rocks. If you like a lot of flavor with your heat (and not just heat), this one’s for you. I like the burn, but to be good, it's gotta bring the noise. And I'm not talking about the boom from the ghetto low riders in the parking lot. I'm talking about the taste, the savor, the pumped up full flavor that makes you sweat a bit, right above your upper lip. The real stuff. And they've got it.
Their menu looks a lot like every other Mexican restaurant’s menu, except for the added El Salvadorian temptations. Since I love to try new things (EXCEPT cow tongue but that’s an entire different story that I'd love to forget) I discovered the side order list on the menu. Beginning at @ 2$ a piece you can mix and match different items like Tostadas, Corn Husk Enchiladas, Tacos, and more. I chose three, and was hardly able to finish, for only 6$.
FYI. There is a bit of a language barrier. The only person that really seemed to speak anything but very broken English was the son of the owner who behind the counter cooking. Don't let this stop you though, they do have plenty of pictures for description, and so what if you order something you've never tried before…It might just end up being your new favorite!

Till I tell you more,
Secret Agent Foodie

No comments:

Post a Comment